I provide flexible management expertise to support the growth and management of businesses:
- Are you finding the array of areas you need to be involved in a bit overwhelming?
- Are you struggling to decide where best to spend your time and to do the things you know need doing?
- Would you like to have access to someone who can offer advice and help you in a hands-on way?
- Are the financial aspects of running your business and knowing what you need to do worrying you?
If you are answering yes to any of these questions, I think there is benefit in us having an introductory chat.
Running your own business is both a daunting and exciting prospect. Exciting in that you are doing something you love, you are your own boss and the possibilities are endless. Daunting in that there are so many things to do, so many areas you have to be involved in that are new to you and it is all down to you!!
I work with start-up entrepreneurs to support and guide them in building their business. I offer support in the following areas: set-up, planning (including strategic and marketing plans), budgeting, collating and interpreting management information, resourcing their needs and getting the expert input they need.
I am an experienced resource for you to drawn on and use in a way that moves you and your business forward. I believe that my offering is somewhat unique in terms of the flexibility I offer. Whether you just want a one-off session to get input and advice, a resource that can undertake some of the tasks you want doing such as building a budget and a strategic plan, or some regular sessions to help guide you and keep things on track, I am here to give you the support you need. I am also happy to undertake hands-on work on a project basis which frees your time to get on with doing the things you are best at.
I offer an initial free consultation where we meet to understand where your business is at and the areas where you would like support. From that we decide if there is mutual benefit in our working together and what that would look like.
- Do you know which areas of your business you would like to improve?
- Have you built solid cornerstones in your business to support future business growth?
- Do you have timely, focused and succinct management information on a monthly basis that you review which helps you know where your business is at and highlights potential issues?
- Are your team members clear on their roles and responsibilities and do they feel both accountable for their areas and empowered to develop them?
- Are your internal processes and procedures defined, effective and consistently applied such that future growth can be delivered and result in higher profit margins?
- What would your business look like if you had all the above?
Successful businesses usually have some common attributes such as strong leaders, a clear vision and plan, good decision-making procedures, defined internal procedures which run efficiently, effective teams and good customer service.These are things most business owners and managers aspire to so what is stopping you from getting there?Two factors are usually blamed: time and money.
I work with business owners and managers to identify the changes and improvements they want to make in their business. If time and money are your challenge, I work in a hands-on yet flexible way to help you achieve what you want and need in a way that suits you. Whether you want a regular presence to build rigour, focus and a consistent management framework or an experienced resource to shape and deliver projects to give you the tools you needs to progress, I am happy to explore your needs and shape a solution to best meet them.
Selling your business
Business owners decide to see their businesses for various reasons. This can be a stressful and emotional time and is often new territory in which they have little experience. Knowing how businesses are valued on sale and knowing the aspects of a business that attract value on sale are important to ensure that you achieve the best sale price.
- Do you want to sell your business but not know where to start?
- Do you understand how businesses are valued on sale?
- Do you know the aspects of a business that increase its value?
- Do you feel a bit over-whelmed when people use terms such as EBIDTA and due diligence?
- Would you like support in getting your business ready for sale so as to maximise its sale price?
I work with business owners who want to sell their business and support them in that process.I explain the valuation process and help identify areas where we can increase value.I explain the process, the terms used and can help prepare the information that potential buyers will want to review as part of their investigation procedures.
If you are thinking of selling your business, please contact me to discuss the likely sales process and the information that will be required as part of that. We can discuss the support you need for the sales process and work to get the best possible outcome for you.The more prepared you are in this area the better so please feel free to contact me for a preliminary chat to be as prepared as you can be.
Areas where I can help you
Finance and Reporting
- Management reports (design, familiarisation and interpretation)
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Working capital control and cash flow management
- Due diligence package design and preparation
- Business strategy and planning
- Competitor review
- Niche and USP identification
- Growth opportunity identification and assessment
- Organisation structure
- Team roles and responsibilities clarification
- Team engagement and management procedures
- Team development
- Management procedures
- Process review and optimisation
- Change management
The part I play in your plan is for you to decide. I offer flexibility for you to engage me in a way that best suits your needs. This can be on a recurring or once-off basis. Together we establish your needs and decide what solution works best for you.
Please email me or call me to discuss the areas in which you would like support and help with and my promise is to work with you to decide on the best way forward for you.